wasm-doom or WebAssembly DOOM is a Doom source port by Viktor "lazarv" Lázár, based on Chocolate Doom and Crispy Doom. This version is used only to run Doom in the browser without any VM (like Emscripten port of DOSBox). wasm is only the file extension for WebAssembly binaries. It's running in all major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.
- Vanilla Doom compatibility
- limit-removing maps support
- DeHackEd and BEX lump support
- music pack from web source support with fallback to OPL emulation
- mobile compatibility
- touch and gamepad controller support
- custom browser events for integration
- networking, no multiplayer support
- Gravis Ultrasound music emulation
This source port is used in WAD Commander, which is a browser based launcher for Doom. It is a progressive web app, so you can add the app to your home screen on mobile or to your desktop (on OSs and browsers supporting desktop app PWAs).