|This article is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by expanding it.|
- "A devastating close range weapon, the Super Shotgun presents plenty of risk and reward."
- ― Arsenal description [src]
The Super Shotgun is a weapon featured in Doom (2016).
It's a traditional style double barreled, break action shotgun which holds 2 shots at a time which cannot be fired independently (unless upgraded). It's more powerful than the Combat Shotgun but requires frequent reloads due to the small capacity. Unlike most weapons, no modifications can be added to the Super Shotgun, though specific improvements can be made.
In singleplayer, the Super Shotgun does damage of 60 per pellet with 16 pellets a shot, doing up to 960 damage before reloading. With the Double Trouble upgrade, it deals 1920dmg before reloading. This is balanced out by a low fire rate and a large, wide oval spread pattern.
The Super Shotgun can be found in a variety of locations. The first is a secret in the level Argent Energy Tower. The first open location is on the way to the Argent Tower, in an elevator room with the AutoMap and where the player sees Olivia Pierce with the Argent Accumulator. The next location which seems to be the required location is in the Kadingir Sanctum, right before the Baron of Hell is introduced.
|"Ammo" Level||Max Ammo|
These upgrades will increase the effectiveness of this weapon.
|Faster Reload||Decreases the time to reload the next shot.||Weapon Upgrade Points|
|Uranium Coating||Shots penetrate through targets.|
|Double Trouble||Fire twice with the Super Shotgun before having to reload.||Purchase all upgrades and complete the Weapon Mastery challenge|
The Super Shotgun lends well to strafing closely around targets to maximize the amount of pellets that hit.
The Super Shotgun can be unlocked in the multiplayer at level 2 (it's also available to use in level 1 by choosing "Assault" default loadout). The player spawns with 16 shells (24 is the max ammo). It fires 16 pellets with 5 damage per pellet, dealing up to 80 damage at a rate of about 1500 milliseconds. The weapon features two fire modes:
- Primary Fire - A break-action double barrel shotgun that fires a wide spread of buckshot.
- Weapon Mod - Constricts the variable choke system retrofit into each barrel for a tighter spread pattern (Hold the Weapon Mod button).
- The reload upgrade will not work if the Super Shotgun melee attack is quickly used right after firing.
- The design of the Super Shotgun resembles the Double Barreled Shotguns from Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, First Quake.
- The Super Shotgun appears in Shadow Warrior 2 as The Stick of Doom
|Weapons and Equipment of Doom (2016)|
|Singleplayer||Weapons||BFG9000 • Chaingun • Chainsaw • Combat Shotgun • Fists • Gauss Cannon • Heavy Assault Rifle • Pistol • Plasma Gun • Rocket Launcher • Super shotgun|
|Equipment||Delta V Jump-Boots • Frag Grenade • Hologram • Siphon Grenade|
|Multiplayer||Weapons||BFG9000 • Burst Rifle • Chainsaw • Gauss Cannon • Grenade Launcher • Hellshot • Lightning Gun • Mark V Pistol • Reaper • Static Cannon • Vortex Rifle|
|Equipment||Kinetic Mine • Lateral Thrusters • Personal Teleporter • Shield Wall • Threat Pulse • Threat Sensor • Tesla Rocket|
|Italics = Power Weapons|