The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
SLADE is a modern, open-source map editor for Windows, Mac and Linux created and maintained by Simon Judd.
- SLADE 1 stopped at version 1.13, released on 2006-05-23.
- SLADE 2 reached beta on 2007-06-07, but was abandoned afterwards.
- SLADE 3 is currently (as of March 9, 2010) in development. It is a merging of SLADE and SLumpEd.
- All SLumpEd features and more
- Lump manipulation in WADs and ZIPs (STORE and DEFLATE only at the moment)
- Ability to open archives-within-archives
- Ability to open many other game archive formats (Duke Nukem 3D GRP files, Blood RFF files, Shadowcaster DAT and LIB files, Quake PAK files, etc.)
- Support for many graphic picture formats, including:
- All those from the Doom Alphas and Beta
- All ZDoom-specific formats (IMGZ, FON1, FON2)
- The planar format used by the Hexen startup screen
- PNG including the grAb and alPh chunks, and many other standard formats (BMP, JPG, etc.)
- The formats used by Shadowcaster, Quake, Heretic II, Duke Nukem 3D, and more
- Support for editing TEXTUREx lumps, including the Alpha and Strife variants
- Text editing of any lump
- Hex viewing of any lump
- A console
- Map preview supporting Doom and Hexen map formats, as well as UDMF and the Doom64 EX format.
Map editing is not in yet.
SLADE 1.13 or 2.00-beta have the following features:
- Support for Doom, Doom II, Heretic and Hexen games
- Support for Boom and ZDoom source port advanced features
- DECORATE parser
- Colour configurations
- 3D editing mode (including slopes and translucent textures)
- Uses wxWidgets for the user interface
- Easy line and rectangle drawing
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.