- "You cannot kill the Priests. You know our laws - despite their transgressions against the covenant they are still of Sentinel blood. What you interfere with now is bigger than you can imagine. It is written, it is their time to give penance - if you continue you will bring down the heaven's wrath. You are but one man - they are no longer your people to save!"
- ― Novik to the Doom Slayer [src]
During Novik's reign, a stranger not of Argent D'Nur known as the "Outlander" was found outside the walls of Sentinel Prime and was taken to be judged in the Coliseum. This stranger's determination in the Blood Arena won the admiration of the Sentinel people. Sometime after the arrival of the Outlander, Argent D'Nur was invaded by legions of demons from Hell. King Novik led his people against the demonic invaders and was given the blessings of the Khan Maykr to allow the Order of Deag to research the demons' powers that gave way to the discovery of Argent Energy.
Novik soon caught notice of the Outlander's familiarity with their enemies and his utter brutality towards them. He immediately deemed the Outlander worthy of selection as a member of the Night Sentinels while silencing the Inquisitors of the Sentinel Guard for suspecting the Outlander of colluding with the demons. The Outlander proved himself to be one of the Argenta's mightiest warriors and has since become known as the Doom Slayer.
The Doom Slayer encounters a spectral Novik when he arrives to retrieve the Celestial Locator on Exultia. After telling the Slayer to give up his crusade against Hell and the Maykrs, claiming Earth is no longer his to save, his spirit disappears. However, he later seems to reconsidered his words to the Slayer after he stopped both the Khan Maykr and the Icon of Sin.
- Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - Novik to the Doom Slayer in the intro to Doom Eternal.
- ...and you will be their savior, your strength will be their shield and your will... their sword. You remain... unbroken... for your fight... is eternal. - Novik to the Doom Slayer at the ending of Doom Eternal.
- Novik's appearance is based on Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister, the lead singer of Motörhead, even having three distinct boils on his left cheek.
- An unused audio file for The Ancient Gods - Part One DLC indicates that the intro would’ve originally been recapped by Novik himself. The reasons for why it was cut are currently unknown.