Mars City Underground - "The Mars City Sublevel was one of the first multi-purpose installations built on Mars. Housing storage, environment systems, localized energy production, communications arrays, and rudimentary research systems, the aging facility is vital to keeping Mars City operational."
Mars City Underground: Union Aerospace Subsystems is the second level of Doom 3, composed of the main area and an abandoned communications facility separated by a short walk outside. It is a small tutorial level covering a few more features in the game.
AREAS IN MARS CITY UNDERGROUND:
- Underground Access
- Underground Security
- Underground Junction
- Maintenance Area CS1
- Convergence Chamber 1
- Energy Stabilization Unit
- Convergence Chamber 2
- Energy Processing
- Energy Delivery
- Maintenance PD1
- Underground Garage
- Daniel Young (Kill Daniel to get his PDA)
- Grant Baston
- Mark Ryan (Kill Mark to get his PDA)
- Frank Delahue
- T. Brooks
- Ross Fry
- Jonathan Ishii
- Thomas Kelly
- C. Rodgers
- Mark Ryan
- Ian Sinclair
- UAC announcer
- Daniel Young
|Pistol ammo (small)||15/15/13|
|Shotgun shells (small)||13|
|Shotgun shells (large)||2/2/1|
|Machine Gun ammo (small)||2|
|Machine Gun ammo (large)||1|
|Plasma cells (small)||2|
- For cells of the form x/y/z, x corresponds to Recruit difficulty, y to Marine, and z to Veteran/Nightmare.
- Items that can only be acquired by using console commands are excluded.
- Storage Cabinet #023: Supplies - 531
- Valve 1 Failure Code in Energy Processing: 842 (This will cause the fire to be extinguished and you will gain access to armor shards and ammo.)
- In the beginning of the level before the demon invasion begins, if you use the noclip cheat around certain areas, you will get to see Zombies, Z-Secs, and Imps. These are in the areas past Energy Processing.
- You may rescue the scientist in the Energy Processing area; he says "Oh, thank you. I'm getting out of here" and disappears through a door. Later, you will see an opened storage cabinet. If the scientist is killed, this cabinet will be closed.
- When the invasion starts, a Pistol Z-Sec and a Maintenance Zombie appear in the Communications Facility. This is rather strange, as Dr. Ishii appeared to be the only person in the building.
- When activating the bridge in the Energy Delivery area, a scientist can be see running across the walkway out of the Energy Processing area shouting "No! I don't wanna die!", before disappearing through the other door. He has a larger amount of health than other human NPCs, as he is able to survive several pistol shots. A BFG-9000 shot (obtained using cheats) will kill him quickly.
- This scientist is a Joe, as seen when noclipping to get closer to him.