- This level occupies the map slot MAP32. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP32.
Template:Doom II 31-32
Go through the door in front of you to enter a large room with pillars and candles (A), as well as Wolfenstein SS Nazis on Hurt Me Plenty, Ultra-Violence, and NIGHTMARE! skill levels. Travel to the opposite side of this room. Once you get close to the door, a Cyberdemon will open the door and attack (B). Once you have killed (or, once you run from) the Cyberdemon, enter the room it was in and go through the door on the opposite side (C). Kill all four hanging Commander Keens and the panel behind them will raise (D). Jump across the gap with the sky floor and hit the switch to exit.
- The southwestern pillar in the main room opens, revealing three chainguns (E).
- The southeastern pillar in the main room opens, revealing a megasphere (F).
- The northwestern pillar in the main room opens, revealing a BFG9000 (G).
- The northeastern pillar in the main room opens, revealing a super shotgun and two boxes of shells (H).
- The center swastika on the western wall of the main area opens, revealing a cache of medikits and plasma cells (I).
- The center swastika on the eastern wall of the main area opens, revealing an invulnerability artifact (J).
- This map cannot normally be finished when using the -nomonsters parameter because the hanged Commander Keens are missing. See Kill percentage flag used for -nomonsters and respawning for more details.
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:11||Adam Hegyi||2002-04-10||Template:Competnftp|
|NM speed||00:11||Adam Hegyi||2002-04-10||Template:Competnftp|
|UV max||00:35||Adam Hegyi||2000-10-14||Template:Competnftp|
|UV -fast||00:35||Adam Hegyi||1999-07-06||Template:Competnftp|
|UV -respawn||00:34||Adam Hegyi||1999-07-15||Template:Competnftp|
|UV Tyson||01:08||Laszlo Vecsei||2000-11-19||Template:Competnftp|
|UV pacifist||00:23||Radek Pecka||2001-10-23||Template:Competnftp|
For a Compet-N contest held in February 2001, a mirrored upside-down version of Grosse called Essorg was created. Essorg is Grosse backwards.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
This level is based on the ninth and final level of Episode 1 (shareware) of Wolfenstein 3D. The level name "Grosse" is a reference to the boss character Hans Grosse who first appeared in that Wolf3D level.