- This level occupies the map slot MAP32. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP32.
MAP32: Bitter Herb is the super-secret map of Requiem. It was designed by Adam Windsor, and uses the music track "Tides of War" by Jeremy Doyle. It is unusually small and short in comparison to most of the levels in the megawad.
Completing this level takes the player to MAP16: Escape from Chaos.
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- Who knows where you are now ... somewhere deep in demons, you're sure. Hmm .. big courtyard, building on the far side ... no sign of anything yet .....
- .... No, wait. Here they come. Right on time.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- At the beginning of the level, the section of wall jutting out the west side is bordered with red studs. Push on its front side to open it, and find a backpack. (sector 39)
- At the north is large tomb with a gravestone reading "rest in pain." Press on the gravestone and it will lower. Stand on it before it rises to find four sets of shells. (sector 59)
Areas / screenshots
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:14||Cameron Prosser||2001-06-30||rq32-014.zip|
|NM speed||00:14||Cameron Prosser||2001-06-30||rn32-014.zip|
|UV max||01:14||Radek Pecka||2004-08-08||rq32-114.zip|
|UV -fast||01:56||Esa "Espi" Repo||2002-04-15||rf32-156.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:31||Casey Alvis||2002-04-11||rr32-231.zip|
|UV Tyson||09:38||Xit Vono||2002-02-08||rt32-938.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:14||Cameron Prosser||2001-06-30||rq32-014.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||0||1|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Yellow skull key||1|