The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- This level occupies the map slot MAP31. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP31.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- After teleporting from the map start you are in a large hall. Run up the western stairway and look to the north to find that one of the sconces is missing a torch. Lower the back wall to find a nukage pool, surrounded by a walkway (sector 66) where some useful items rest on: a plasma gun, a bulk cell, a backpack, a soul sphere and an armor: a green one on hard or a blue one on easy and medium skills.
- After entering the red rock cavern east of the large hall mentioned in secret #1, look to the north to see a gray pillar. Drop from the brick walkway beside this pillar and ascend the stairway to its northeast. At the apex (sector 79) you can acquire two boxes of shells, a bulk cell and a megasphere.
- Secret exit: Standing in front of the regular map exit, teleport back and pass the door. In this marble room, head to the northwestern corner and look to the southwest to find a section of wall with horizontal lines carved in it. Open it to find a switch that you trigger and return to the brick walkway at the red rock cavern's entrance. Look to the north to find that the gray pillar southwest of official secret #2 has opened to reveal a lava pool; enter it to be taken to another simulation gate. Enter it and you will find yourself in another exit hall with a simulation portal marked "RESTRICTED" and "TOP SECRET". Open the barrier and step into the portal to go to the super secret level, MAP32: Prestidigitation.
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||00:20||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2004-01-20||icar_gb1.zip|
|UV max||05:53||George Bell||1996-06-19||icuvdemo.zip|
|NM100S||00:57||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2004-01-20||icn_dt1.zip|||
|UV -fast||05:16||Michael "Prower" Reid||1997-04-03||icgmdemo.zip|
|UV speed 15-31||00:36||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2004-01-20||icar_gb1.zip|||
|UV max TAS||02:22||Andy Olivera||2000-01-25||icuvlmps.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||0||2||0|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
When the level's title is shown on the intermission screen, Jim Lowell's name is not presented in all caps. This is the only level in Icarus for which this occurs.
- ↑ This demo is erroneously listed as a UV100S demo on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive.
- ↑ This demo begins on MAP15: Waste Disposal, where the rocket launcher is acquired, and the secret exit is used, followed by a rocket-facilitated death slide on this level.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.