- This level occupies the map slot MAP30. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP30.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Areas / screenshots
|Monsters||IAW and NTR||HMP||UV|
|Powerups||IAW and NTR||HMP||UV|
|Weapons||IAW and NTR||HMP||UV|
|Ammunition||IAW and NTR||HMP||UV|
|Keys||IAW and NTR||HMP||UV|
- The end of this level is one of only two text-based intermissions in Playstation/Saturn Doom (marking the transition between Ultimate Doom and Doom II). Interestingly, the text itself is used, rather freely, from the intermission after MAP11: Circle of Death, pertaining to "your victory" enabling "humankind to evacuate Earth and escape the nightmare", with absolutely no mention of the events of Ultimate Doom itself. The Marine then has to find the "source of the alien invasion", placing him at MAP01: Entryway (marked as "MAP31: Entryway") with a pistol start (but he can keep his equipment by using the password given on intermission screen) instead of MAP12: The Factory.
- Video of Threshold of Pain from the PlayStation version of Doom. (Part 1 of 2)
- Video of Threshold of Pain from the PlayStation version of Doom. (Part 2 of 2)
|PSX/Saturn Ultimate Doom Level|| Exit to|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.