- This level occupies the map slot MAP24. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP24.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP22. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP22.
|TNT: Evilution maps 21-30|
The scenery is volcanic/underground, and it is the last level of the game to have any techbase features whatsoever, such as doors or switches. The quarry may thus be interpreted as the actual entrance to Hell in this particular game.
Routes and tricks
Upon starting the level, head to the cavernous room in the north, exit through the south, and enter the lava cavern in the southeast. Enter the teleporter that is lowered, and grab the blue keycard when the platform rises. Head down to the southern platform, open the blue key door, and flip the exit switch. The fastest demos using this route are Vincent Catalaá's 00:18 UV speed demo () and his 00:19 NM speed demo ().
A highly unusual trick, however, allows the level to be finished in even less time. The sectors representing the teleporters in both the northwest and southeast caverns are marked as special damaging floors that hurt you even when you are in God mode, and end the level when your health drops below 11%. Such sectors are used in Doom's E1M8: Phobos Anomaly (at the end of the level) and The Plutonia Experiment's MAP11: Hunted (in the "wrong" exit.) Normally, though, this would never occur since you would be teleported as soon as you step onto them. However, if you manage to skip over either one of the teleport linedefs, and your health is low enough, you can beat the level without even reaching the exit room. This trick was discovered by John Keniry in 2000, and was subsequently used in the current record-holding UV and NM speed runs. The quickest teleporter to do this with is the one in the northwest cavern.
- At the south-west part of the open area with two towers, there is a corridor shaped as a horseshoe. Go to the most southern part of the corridor and shoot a northern wall. The wall will open a room with some goodies and a lift in the northern wall.
- Riding the lift from secret #1 registers another secret.
- East from the level exit, there is a corridor leading to a teleporter, which takes you to the eastern tower (the one with the blue keycard). Halfway off the corridor there is a fake wall containing a shielding suit.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:12||Adam Hegyi||2000-11-26||ev24-012.zip|
|NM speed||00:12||Vincent Catalaá||2000-12-01||tn24-012.zip|
|UV max||01:44||Laszlo Vecsei||2000-12-30||ev24-144.zip|
|UV -fast||05:27||Peo Sjoblom||1997-01-07||tnt24-gm.zip|
|UV Tyson||07:58||Xit Vono||2002-02-23||et24-758.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:41||David "mr.twister" Ficenec||2003-08-02||ep24-041.zip|