The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- This level occupies the map slot MAP14. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP14.
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- All you have to do is find the blue key so you can enter the Portal. Now get to work.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- In the outdoor nukage pool, the vantage point the Revenants attack you from can be climbed onto from the northwest side. Here, you can find a box of rockets (two on Hurt Me Plenty or lower,) a rocket launcher, and a switch. (sector 56) There is a radiation suit in the north-western mine, and you can leave the nukage pool by lowering the walkway in the south.
- After pressing the switch in secret #1, inside the northeast mines, you can find a switch in the northern alcove just after the Chaingunner ambush. Press it to open an alcove in the southeast, containing a Hell Knight and three medikits. (sector 176)
- After pressing the switch to access secret #2, once you get the yellow key and return to the entrance into the mines, there will be a new switch at the alcove directly north of it. Press it, and return to the room with the pillars near the start of the map to find that a new alcove has been opened to the west, containing a backpack and a plasma rifle. (sector 185)
- Within the checkerboarded hall leading to the exit teleporter, there is a section of the west wall that violates the pattern in place throughout the hall. After obtaining the blue key, press on this section to open it. Here, you will find a river with health bonuses strewn across it, broken in the middle by a waterfall with a Chaingunner, two Sergeants, and two armor bonuses at the opposite end. Directly northwest of the waterfall is a soul sphere. Jump from the waterfall to the soul sphere to trigger this secret. (sector 287) Secret #3 can be accessed from this location as well, by opening the door at the end of the tunnel, which leads to the start of the map.
- In the cage opposite of the one containing the switch to lower the blue key, there is a portion of the west wall where the ridges are not as thick as the rest. Push on it, and it will lower to reveal a switch. Press the switch. When you reach the portal, the pillar with the megasphere on top of it will have lowered, allowing you to take it. (sector 339)
Areas / screenshots
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||04:23||Xit Vono||2001-11-16||rq14-423.zip|
|UV max||05:57||Radek Pecka||2004-08-11||rq14-557.zip|
|UV -fast||13:05||Xit Vono||2002-06-23||rf141305.zip|
|UV Tyson||17:11||Xit Vono||2003-01-31||rt141711.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||0||1||4|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Blue skull key||1|
|Yellow skull key||1|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.