The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- This level occupies the map slot MAP06. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP06.Template:Plutonia 2 1-10
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the red door section, after getting the blue key, in the southwestern corner of the corridor where the chaingunners came out, use the southern wall to reveal a secret niche containing a blue armor.
- After entering the blue door, take any of the two corridors and descent the stairs. As you leave the last step, a secret room across the blue door opens temporarily. There are a bulk cell, a box of rockets, two medikits, a soul sphere and a blue armor.
- After entering the blue door, take the left (northern) corridor, descent the stairs, make an hairpin turn to the left, enter the room with the teleporter and the monster hideout. Push the demon-faced wall to reveal a switch. Using it will open a stairway in the southern teleporter room that leads to a secret room, containing twelve health bonuses, 16 armor bonuses, two backpacks , two bulk cells and a teleporter to the map start.
- After passing the yellow door, on the narrow staircase on the right side of the room with the Hell knights, push the wall with the lantern on it to reveal a secret room, containing three rocket boxes, two energy cells, a bulk cell and an invisibility sphere. Push the face on top of the stairs at the northern wall to access to the megasphere you saw in the crate depot early in the level.
- On the opposite narrow staircase, using the corresponding wall will reveal a teleporter to the BFG9000 standing on the pillar in the centre of the main room.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||2||5||9|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Complex.
- This map shares three commonalities with its predecessor, MAP06: Baron's Lair of The Plutonia Experiment: both levels (1) are arranged with the player starting in a central "hub" sector surrounded by four doors leading to surrounding sectors, (2) use the music track "Sign of Evil" from the Classic Doom soundtrack, and (3) mark the player's first encounter with a Cyberdemon in the episode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.