- This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- Welcome to Requiem. First map out of thirty, and as expected, a nice steady ride.
- Your objective is to travel through the small technology base, where the demons have used metal-like architecture and slayed [sic] human corpses together.
- Find the exit just outside the base, and prepare for mission 2.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- At the northwest hallway, one of the southern walls to the north is aligned differently from the rest. Open it to find a teleporter leading to security armor at the south of the level. (sector 5) Walk off either side of the platform to return.
- In the final hallway before the exit, a candle sits in front of the northern wall. Press on the wall behind it to find a box of shells. (sector 122)
In cooperative multiplayer mode, Player 2 starts the level (and respawns) standing close to and facing a wall.
In the outdoors area outside of the northeast room, four linedefs (556, 651, 781, and 765) on either side of the northeast and southeast windows are double-sided without a back side, producing the Hall of Mirrors effect. However, these cannot be seen unless you activate the noclip cheat and walk outside through the windows.
Areas / screenshots
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:11||Adam Hegyi||2001-03-28||rq01-011.zip|
|NM speed||00:12||Adam Williamson||2001-03-28||rn01-012.zip|
|UV max||00:36||Xit Vono||2004-04-13||rq01-036.zip|
|UV -fast||00:40||Xit Vono||2004-04-14||rf01-040.zip|
|UV -respawn||00:37||Radek Pecka||2004-08-04||rr01-037.zip|
|UV Tyson||00:44||Xit Vono||2004-04-14||rt01-044.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:12||Adam Williamson||2001-03-28||rp01-012.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|