DSDoom (also spelled DS Doom) is a source port for the Nintendo DS, based on PrBoom 2.4.2. It was made by TheChuckster and WinterMute, with some contributions by Jefklak. The latest official version is 1.2.1. Being a homebrew application, the player must use a DS flash card in order to play it on their DS.
- All IWADs compatible with PrBoom 2.4.2 are compatible with DSDoom.
- Both screens render at 320x200 resolution, which is then scaled down to the DS's native 256x192.
- 3D view runs fullscreen, without the status bar.
- The second screen displays the automap, including the status bar.
- The screens used for the 3D view and automap can be swapped by the user.
- Sound effects with stereo panning.
- Multiplayer network play using a PrBoom server and the DS's built-in Wi-Fi support.
- Utilizes the PrBoom 2.4.2 configuration file.
Limitations and bugs
- Certain buttons on the DS instead act as the default keyboard keys used by PrBoom. Sadly, this means that a configuration file utilizing non-standard keys can render the port completely inoperable.
- Configuration file changes are not saved.
- Save games can become corrupted and unusable.
- There is no music support.
- Crashes, while uncommon, do occur.