- "Hell's armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity. The only thing they fear... is you. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power in DOOM Eternal - the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat. Discover the Slayer’s origins and his enduring mission to RAZE HELL."
- ― Official game description, taken from Bethesda.net .
Doom Eternal (stylized as DOOM ETERNAL and informally known as Doom 5) is a sequel to the 2016 Doom reboot. The game launched a day early on March 19, 2020, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. The Nintendo Switch release has been pushed back.
A new feature added is the ability to invade another player's game, in a system called "Invasion." Invading players can team up and spawn in a player's single-player playthrough as enemies. There also is a new feature called empowered demons, in which demons who have killed a player in another campaign will appear in the player's campaign. These demons are stronger than normal but if killed, give better drops. Invasion is soon to come a little after Dooms release.
There is an increased focus on mobility in the game. The Doom Slayer gains a grappling hook (via the Super Shotgun), the ability to perform two boosts along the ground, and swing from poles. The Boost System allows the Slayer to Dash twice, before recharging.
Gun modifications return from the previous game.
A new feature is an extra life system. This system has been designed as an augment to the checkpoint system, where players can get a respawn without having to go back to the last checkpoint.
Set 8 months after Doom 2016, the demonic invasion has conquered about 60% of the Earth. With the Earth military helpless in turning the tide of the battle and the majority of the population killed during the first month of the invasion, the ARC (Armored Response Coalition) and Allied Nations (successor of the United Nations) are created to preserve humanity and evacuate them into orbits.
Doom Slayer returns from Hell to save humanity by embarking on a quest to destroy the Hell Priests.
The game is said to contain twice as many enemies as Doom. The enemies you can encounter are as follows:
There is a whole new arsenal of weapons that the Doom Slayer may use, this includes:
- Hell On Earth
- Cultist Base
- Doom Hunter Base
- Super Gore Nest
- Arc Complex
- Mars Core
- Sentinel Prime
- Taras Nabad
- Nekravol Part 2
- Final Sin
CollectiblesThere are items called Collectibles that you can find while playing Doom Eternal. From Toys/Figurines to view on your ship to Floppy Disks that have Cheat Codes. See also Achievements.
- March: DOOMicorn Slayer Master Collection
- DOOMicorn Slayer Skin with two color variants (Purple Pony and Night-Mare)
- Three character animations
- Upgradable Magic Meadow podium
- New profile icon and title
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Glory Kills: When you damage a Demon enough, it becomes Staggered and begins to flash. When close, press 'E' or 'Mouse 4' to Glory Kill it. Glory Killing always spawns health drops. The less health you have, the more drops the Demons spawn.
- The game is called "Doom Eternal" rather than "Doom II" to avoid confusion with the actual Doom II. Similarly, it earned the name "Doom Eternal" to save people having to refer to it as "Doom 2020."