The 2020 remaster of Doom 64, officially called Doom 64, stylized as DOOM 64, and often called Doom 64 2020 version, Doom 64 Remake, or a variant of Doom 64 Unity/Doom 64 Unity Remake (or Remaster) is a 2020 remaster of the Doom spin-off Doom 64. It was planned to launch alongside DOOM ETERNAL on November 23rd, 2020, but got pushed back, alongside ETERNAL, to March 20th, 2020. Although DOOM ETERNAL launched a day early on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Doom 64 kept the same release date. It was included in the Rip and Tear Pack, but unlike the other things included in the dlc-pack, it was available for purchase immediately following the launch date.
- Is available on all modern non-mobile platforms (Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows Personal Computer, Google Stadia, Apple Macintosh Operating System, and Linux+Steam Operating Systems [Wine-based systems only]). Through backwards compatibility, it is also playable on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Although it still features the Password saving system, it now features a save-state saving system with 12 save slots.
- Can connect to a Bethesda.net account
- Allows you to unlock the MERCILLESS EXTERMINATOR Profile Title and 64 Pentagram Profile Icon in DOOM ETERNAL
- Support for Keyboard and Mouse
- Achievements on Steam, Stadia, and XOne and trophies on PS4
- Includes the all new expansion, The Lost Levels.