Doom: Annihilation is in development by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. It is unrelated to the original film, and is a reboot. Originally intended to be released on May 17, 2019, it was delayed to Fall 2019 due to the filming crews' decision to spend more time working on the CGI effects for the Hell landscape.
The movie will be produced by Universal 1440 Entertainment; this branch of Universal Pictures deals exclusively with direct-to-DVD movies.
PlotA group of space marines respond to a distress call from a base on a Martian moon, only to discover it's been overrun by demonic creatures who threaten to create Hell on Earth.
- Amy Manson as Joan Dark
- Dominic Mafham as Dr. Betruger
- Luke Allen-Gale as Bennett Stone
- Louis Mandylor
- Hari Dhillon
- Lorina Kamburova
- Jemma Moore
- Arkie Reece
- Gavin Brocker
- Amer Chadha-Patel
- Katrina Nare
- Chidi Ajufo
- James Weber Brown
- Clayton Adams
- Nina Bergman
Rumors of a 3D Doom film existed a few years prior to 2018. This year, it was revealed (if not outright announced) that the film was in development.
The director, Tony Giglio, confirms that some monsters (such as Spider Mastermind and Baron of Hell) will not make an appearance in the reboot, while hinting a possible sequel to the reboot for the said monsters' comeback.
On March 11, 2019, id Software's official Doom social media account expressed its distance from the project, stating they are "not involved with the movie". This came as a response to the mostly negative fan feedback following the trailer release.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Universal Is Starting Work On A New Doom Movie
- ↑ New Doom Movie Will Be a Direct to Video or Digital Release
- ↑ "Unfortunately, the Spiderdemon won't be in our film. Tried, but it didn't work out this time. Maybe in the sequel ;) And, look, I think the 2005 film is an entertaining action film... BUT... i felt it deviated too far the game & didn't feel like a real adaptation. But it's fun." - Tony Giglio, Twitter
- ↑ "Unfortunately no Barons of Hell, which I'm more bummed about than you. Possibly the sequel." - Tony Giglio, Twitter