- As with the Spider Mastermind, the term Arachnotron (roughly translatable as "spider instrument") is not absolutely literal, as arachnids (spiders and such) have always eight limbs. In Doom 2, however, these monsters have only six limbs: two organic arms and four mechanical legs; curiously, while the Doom 64 version increases their mechanic leg count to six, they lack the organic arms.
- In the Doom source code the internal name for the arachnotron is MT_BABY, and the root of its sprite name in the IWAD is BSPI, so the monster was arguably called (or nicknamed) baby spider during the development of Doom II.
- In a ZDoom-based source port, if the player is killed by an Arachnotron (monster is credited with delivering the blow that reduces player's health to 0%), an obituary message is displayed at the top of the screen: "[player name] let an Arachnotron get him(her)".
- The projectile sprite APLS is actually a re-colored version of the Imp's projectile sprite in beta versions of Doom.
- The Arachnotron was supposed to have a Chaingun instead of a Plasma gun in the early beta of Doom II. This was eventually given to the Spiderdemon.
- In Brutal Doom, Arachnotrons are larger, near the size of Hell Knights or a Baron of Hell, move faster and fire the same blue plasma bolts from the player's plasma gun.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.